Raids continue on stone quarries in Junagadh
Times of India
The raid conducted by the state mine and mineral department against mineral theft in Junagadh district stone quarries continued for the second consecutive day on Thursday when the department officials trained their guns on Vijapur village.
"There are stone quarries in the villages near Junagadh like Palasava and Vijapur where mineral theft is rampant. We had recently received a tip-off in this regard, following which a team of state mine and mineral department was dispatched from Gandhinagar to conduct the raid," said a source from the department.
The team of officials include women staff as well to deal with local protesters that include women.
- ► 2018 (148)
- ► 2017 (156)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- Leopards, bears' population rise by 18.62%, 8.41%
- More leopards moving in to human neighbourhoods
- Female lion cub falls into forest well; dies
- Foresters play mother to leopard cubs
- Census puts leopards at 1,150, sloth bears at 280
- Pride forgives teen lion's fling, takes her back
- POINTLESS PANGA WITH PANGOLIN
- Lion falls into open well, dies
- Mobile surveillance of lions outside Gir
- WWF vehicles to help in patrolling
- Gir documentary finds place in LA fest
- Gujarat Forest Department bans setting up new hote...
- Cats show their camera-shy side
- Expert backs shifting of Gir lions to Kuno in MP
- Leopard numbers up 15-20%
- Wild fire: Activists fear two lion cubs missing, f...
- Foresters to catch big cats on camera
- Leopard census begins in state
- Nirma Cement plant not viable ecologically, says p...
- No hotels within 2km of Gir sanctuary
- Raids continue on stone quarries in Junagadh
- Lioness dies of snake-bite at Gir sanctuary
- Eco-sensitive zones around 4 Guj sanctuaries get nod
- Wildlife board members question nod to Girnar rope...
- Stupa from Mauryan era found in Gir sanctuary
- lion cubs born at Rampara Vidi, foresters jubilant
- Leopard census to start from May 16
- Is competition with livestock detrimental for nati...
- Ramesh seeks archaeological survey of Gujarat forest
- ▼ May 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (415)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)