Gujarat's 2nd ultra mega power plant to come up in Junagadh
Times of India By Rajiv Shah
Government of India conveyed to the Gujarat government on Thursday that it is all set to begin the procedure for setting up the second ultra mega power plant (UMPP) in the state within three months. Central government officials in Gandhinagar on Thursday told state officials that time has come for the latter to be ready with offers on cost of land and infrastructure facilities like water, port and permissions like right of way and right of use, needed to implement the Rs 20,000 crore project.
A high-level delegation consisting of senior officials of the Central Electricity Authority (CEA) and the National Power Finance Corporation Ltd said they had "finalized" 500 hectares of land for setting up UMPP at Lodhwa village in Junagadh district and will now begin implementing the project.
Lodhwa has been preferred over two other locations CEA had considered - one in Jamnagar district near Dwarka and another at Kandla.
To be a 4,000 MW imported coal-based project, Gujarat became the first state in India where Government of India has decided to set up the second UMPP. Phase one of the first UMPP (800 MW) has been implemented by the Tata Power at Mundra in Kutch district.
"We have earmarked the land needed by CEA to set up the second UMPP. Certain mining issues need to be sorted out before handing over the land," said a senior government official.
During discussions, the Central team, led by chief engineer, CEA, M S Puri said the layout plan for the second UMPP has been completed. "We were told that the bidding process, including requests for expressions of interest in the project, will now commence," the official said.
Already, a surplus power state by 2,000 MW, Gujarat government officials are not sure on whether to sign a power purchase agreement with the proposed developers of the second UMPP. "We may decide on it after looking into the cost at which the developers will sell power," the official said.
Currently, power plants in Gujarat have the capacity of 13,500 MW. The place where the second UMPP is to come up is next to the proposed multi-purpose port being developed by Shapoorji Pallonji at Chhara in Junagadh district.
- ► 2017 (156)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- Gunshots silence lion’s roar in Mityala
- Lion cub fall into water-tank save
- Leopard makes Dhari his home
- Gir Forest Lions' Survival And The Chance To Roam ...
- Saving lions: Locals told to barricade open wells ...
- Farmers told to barricade wells on Gir periphery
- Lion rescued from open well
- Two lions punisher for human folly
- Lion rescued from open well at Ningada village in ...
- Lion in matting kills cub at Shemardi village
- Over 8,000 trees in protected area to be axed
- Gujarat activists take up cudgels to save 5,000 tr...
- Gir Forest Lions' Survival And The Chance To Roam ...
- March-April 07 Poaching Incidence
- Poachers back to hunt Gujrat pride?
- Axe to fall on 4,800 trees for national highway pr...
- 5,000 trees fall out with govt for obstructing its...
- Leopard kills old woman
- Lions kill two cows
- Wildlife action plan is need of the hour
- Lion and leopard killed seven people in Amreli
- જંગલમાં ‘સિંહદર્શન’ કરતા અમદાવાદનાં આઠ શખ્સો દંડાય...
- One lac help to child girl family
- Leopard that killed old woman at Karamdadi, caught...
- Leopard attacks two brothers near Hasnapur Dam in ...
- Four leopards caught in one night near Veraval
- Leopard dies in Train accident near Shapur in Gir ...
- Lion tears apart man near Jafrabad
- Lioness in mating kills a man; disturbed by stone ...
- Lions, cheetahs to share forest land in MP? SC wil...
- Mating lion attacks Maldhari
- Equipped to shift Gir lions: MP govt to SC
- Modi, Chauhan in lion fight in SC
- Lion in mating attacks youth at Undardi Ness near ...
- MP pitches hard for shifting Asiatic lions from Gu...
- MP, Gujarat spar in SC over translocation of lions...
- Lovelorn lion kills cub
- Leopard attack at Chivad village near Dhari
- Fun Facts About Lions
- Gujarat offers 500 hectare of land in Junagadh for...
- Gujarat's 2nd ultra mega power plant to come up in...
- Carcass of lion cub found in Amreli
- Three wild animal drown in well dead
- Devaliya lion safari park to be pollution-free
- Male lion, disturbed when matting,kills cub
- Hyana killed on road accident on Una – Gir Gadhda ...
- Un-necessary radio chollar makes lioness restless;...
- Fire endangers over 25 lions in Amreli grassland
- Major fire in lion’s abode in Amreli
- Three lions kill a cow at Motha village near Una
- Forest fire at Liliya Kankranch controlled early m...
- Leapord child meet in Mahuva
- Fire in Kankrach (Greater Gir)
- Which is 12 Gir lions habitat
- Cheetahs help Gujarat govt plead lion case in SC
- Gujarat opposes shifting of Gir lions to Madhya Pr...
- Will it be lions or cheetahs that will roam Kuno-P...
- Lions’ roar to echo in Porbandar's Barda Sanctuary...
- From Aug, Gir lions will roar in Porbandar too
- Nine leopards killed in 5 years
- Don’t shift Gir lions to MP: Gujarat to SC
- ‘MP needs cheetahs from S Africa, not lions from G...
- Gujarat declines to shift its Asiatic lions to Mad...
- Growing population: Leopards struggle in lions’ de...
- Gir wild cats mauled 10 to death in a year
- Leopard show in madhavpur jungle
- Animals on fast in Junagadh zoo
- Akhilesh Yadav's native district to get its 'Lion ...
- Proposed 'Lion Safari' in Akhilesh's native distri...
- ▼ April 2012 (69)
- ► 2011 (296)
- ► 2010 (415)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)