Two leopard cubs found abandoned in field
Times of India
Two one-month-old leopard cubs were found lying abandoned from a sugarcane field in a village near Veraval on Wednesday.
According to forest department, the cubs were sighted in the field belonging to Jetha Jadav in Bosan village on Wednesday morning. "We visited the site after Jadav alerted us. The cubs believed to be aged one-month-old are in a healthy condition. However, instead of caging them, we've decided to keep them at the spot so that their mother can come and take them away, as the cubs are best cared for by their mother," said a forester.
However, as the female leopard did not visit the cubs on Wednesday night, forest officials have decided to wait for another two days and nights, after which, they are likely to take the cubs in their custody.
The two cubs found in a farm near Veraval
- ► 2018 (90)
- ► 2017 (156)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- ROARING NUMBERS Gujarat’s pride: Lion count touche...
- Two leopards caught from Veraval, Rajula
- Local pride leaves India's lions at risk
- ‘Photography helped eliminate duplication’
- Forest dept officials move in AC cars to count lio...
- Lion census becomes picnic for senior foresters’ f...
- Fund crunch blocks move to shift Maldharis from Gi...
- Lion census in Gir concludes
- Lion census: Number may touch 400
- Forest Dept expects rise in Gir lion population
- He forced govt to take notice of 56 illegal mines ...
- Lion census starts, king is doing fine
- GOLDEN REIGN OF LION KING!
- This Gir village to run on the sun
- Children of Kankranch village in Liliya taluka pla...
- Lion census at Gir from Apr 24
- Docs, anti-heat kits for lion census volunteers
- Gir lion count to be declared on Gujarat Day
- Leopard attack farm labour
- Lion census: 200 cameras to scan Gir
- Lion population Estimation from 24th April
- Leopard that attacked criminal, caught
- Leopard skin trade mastermind nabbed
- Leopard helps cops nab wanted extortionist
- Handicapped man attacked by leopard, killed on Gir...
- 1300 volunteers and experts to spot the lion king
- In 72 hours, the lion king will be enumerated
- Within 18 months before Lion census
- Lion leopard attack at 40 km away from Gir forest
- Two leopard cubs found abandoned in field
- Leopard skin traders released on bail
- FSL Van for crime detection in Gir
- Gir lions to be mapped using GPS
- 40 Lions have not seen the Jungle!
- No Asian lions for Winnipeg zoo Planning to welcom...
- Mock-Drill of Lion Census
- Road passing through blackbuck park to be blocked
- 15 peacocks found dead in state
- Inter-state gang may be active in Sabarkantha
- Dead leopard’s nails recovered in Sabarkantha
- Leopards were killed with blunt weapons
- Govt employee among leopard skin traders
- African primitive tribe Siddi, will be eco-guide a...
- Gujarat’s Gir lion monopoly faces fresh threat
- Gujarat's Gir lion monopoly faces fresh threat
- Lion census to cover 10,000 sq km
- Digital cameras to help count lion population
- Lion census from April 24, count could go beyond 4...
- MASTERMIND ON THE RUN Leopard skin trade: Cops to ...
- Lion Census at Gir sanctuary from April 22
- Six-day remand for four caught with leopard skin i...
- Partner in cage, leopardess stays put outside
- If 10 Gir lions die annually anyway, give 5 to us:...
- A daring operation led to arrests
- 4 held with leopard skin in Sabarkantha
- Centre to give away Rs.5000 crore to States for fo...
- Female Leopard barging head with cage having male ...
- Lepard that attacked young man caught
- ▼ April 2010 (58)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)