Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bristol Zoo Asiatic lion dies


19-05-2010
Bristol Zoo Asiatic lion dies
Antibath.com
http://www.antinbath.com/2010/05/bristol-zoo-asiatic-lion-dies.html

There's one less Asiatic lion in the world today with the death of Moti at Bristol Zoo.


There are only 300 Asiatic animals in the wild in India so every one is important. It would be perfect if we could protect and increase their habitat, but it's easier said than done with so many human animals so breeding initiatives in captivity are a necessity.

I was lucky enough to photograph Moti and Kamal. She was always very friendly when I had my camera out. I'd usually go before the crowds and just sit there waiting for her to come over. Here are a few of my favourites.


Hopefully Kamal will get a new mate soon and maybe move to bigger quarters: zoos are small places for big animals.

No comments:

Previous Posts