Lioness found dead in Amreli district
The carcass of a lioness was found from a pond in the Gir (East) forest region in Khamba taluka of Amreli district on Sunday, Forest Department officials said.
The officials said no marks of injuries were found on the big cat, which could be about nine years old. The carcass has been sent for post-mortem.
A fire, which was reported from the Sirsiya range of the Gir (east) region, was brought under control, the officials said.
- ► 2017 (112)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- Lioness killed by crocodile?
- Lioness found dead in Amreli district
- 'Jurassic Park' coming up in Gujarat
- Mobile van to check man-animal conflict
- Bachchan promoted Gujarat for free: Govt
- Govt mulling increase in compensatn for lion attac...
- 29 lions have died since April 2010 census: Govt
- Girnar ropeway: State to stick to original plan
- 29 lions from Gir forest die in 8 months
- Villagers Demand Compensation for Woman Killed by ...
- MP wildlife sanctuary ready for Gir lions but Guja...
- 2,700 wells around Gir still uncovered
- Trapped leopard dies outside Gir
- Life in the lair
- Jethava murder: BJP MP Solanki gets clean chit
- Pride of Gujarat left to fend for itself
- ‘Gir area not enough for lions’
- Lion attacks on humans on the rise
- 162 cases of wild animals attacking humans in Gir ...
- Lion on the march, reclaims lost kingdom
- Dangerous to know: India's Right to Information Ac...
- Gujarat cops take custody of poacher
- Leopard kills child in Junagadh
- Central fund for Greater Gir yet to come: Govt
- Regularise Essar forest land, state urges MoEF
- New home for Asiatic lions
- ▼ March 2011 (26)
- ► 2010 (415)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)