Jethava murder: BJP MP Solanki gets clean chit
The City Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) probing into the murder of RTI activist Amit Jethava has given a clean chit to the controversial BJP MP from Junagadh, Dinu Solanki, in the case. S M Chaudhary, the investigation officer, recently submitted an affidavit in the Gujarat High Court with reference to a petition demanding CBI probe into the case.
In its affidavit, the DCB official has stated that they had interrogated Solanki on September 16 last year and found no evidence showing his involvement in the same.
Jethava was shot dead in front of High Court in July last year. His father, Bhikha Jethava, has alleged that the BJP MP from Junagadh was behind the killing since his son had filed a PIL in the HC to check illegal mining in the periphery of Gir Sanctuary, which is allegedly going on at the behest of Dinu Solanki.
- ► 2017 (154)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- Lioness killed by crocodile?
- Lioness found dead in Amreli district
- 'Jurassic Park' coming up in Gujarat
- Mobile van to check man-animal conflict
- Bachchan promoted Gujarat for free: Govt
- Govt mulling increase in compensatn for lion attac...
- 29 lions have died since April 2010 census: Govt
- Girnar ropeway: State to stick to original plan
- 29 lions from Gir forest die in 8 months
- Villagers Demand Compensation for Woman Killed by ...
- MP wildlife sanctuary ready for Gir lions but Guja...
- 2,700 wells around Gir still uncovered
- Trapped leopard dies outside Gir
- Life in the lair
- Jethava murder: BJP MP Solanki gets clean chit
- Pride of Gujarat left to fend for itself
- ‘Gir area not enough for lions’
- Lion attacks on humans on the rise
- 162 cases of wild animals attacking humans in Gir ...
- Lion on the march, reclaims lost kingdom
- Dangerous to know: India's Right to Information Ac...
- Gujarat cops take custody of poacher
- Leopard kills child in Junagadh
- Central fund for Greater Gir yet to come: Govt
- Regularise Essar forest land, state urges MoEF
- New home for Asiatic lions
- ▼ March 2011 (26)
- ► 2010 (415)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)