Govt mulling increase in compensatn for lion attack victims
The state government is considering a proposal to increase the compensation granted to the kin of victims of lion attacks, Gujarat Forest Minister Mangu Patel told the state Assembly today. Patel was replying to a question asked on a recent death of a woman in lion attack near Gir sanctuary. "We are contemplating increase in the compensation amount for the victims of lion attacks," Patel said. Presently, state gives Rs 1 lakh. Last week, Sarojben Mohanbhai, a 45-year-old woman, was killed by a lion near Moruka village of Talala taluka, in Junagadh district. "The lion has been caught by the state forest officials and has been sent to Animal Care Centre in Sasan Gir," Patel said. The village is near Gir Sanctuary. Incidents of lion- attacks on humans and domestic animals have increased in the last few years.
- ► 2017 (132)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- Lioness killed by crocodile?
- Lioness found dead in Amreli district
- 'Jurassic Park' coming up in Gujarat
- Mobile van to check man-animal conflict
- Bachchan promoted Gujarat for free: Govt
- Govt mulling increase in compensatn for lion attac...
- 29 lions have died since April 2010 census: Govt
- Girnar ropeway: State to stick to original plan
- 29 lions from Gir forest die in 8 months
- Villagers Demand Compensation for Woman Killed by ...
- MP wildlife sanctuary ready for Gir lions but Guja...
- 2,700 wells around Gir still uncovered
- Trapped leopard dies outside Gir
- Life in the lair
- Jethava murder: BJP MP Solanki gets clean chit
- Pride of Gujarat left to fend for itself
- ‘Gir area not enough for lions’
- Lion attacks on humans on the rise
- 162 cases of wild animals attacking humans in Gir ...
- Lion on the march, reclaims lost kingdom
- Dangerous to know: India's Right to Information Ac...
- Gujarat cops take custody of poacher
- Leopard kills child in Junagadh
- Central fund for Greater Gir yet to come: Govt
- Regularise Essar forest land, state urges MoEF
- New home for Asiatic lions
- ▼ March 2011 (26)
- ► 2010 (415)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)