Parting at Modern Farm Houses in Forest area near Una
Briefly translated from Gujarati
In last few years many modern farm houses have been built on periphery of Gir forest in Una sub- district by 'rich' non-locals. These have all modern amenities. Frequent food, Wine & women parties are arranged in such rich hunting small animals for party can also not be neglected. If this be true, it is shame for the administration.
Recently news appeared about firing in air by a Rajkot builder in incidence of land measurement dispate with neighbor. When his house was searched, police found bottles of beer, bullets, condoms etc. police complaint has also been lodged at Gir Gadhda police station. It other farm houses in the area owned by 'rich non – locals ' are searched, police/forest staff may find many more illegal things & activities.
Few people also say that such rich farmers do 'sinh – darshan' (Lion sighting) with the help of local forest staff. It is also fact that to escape police jurisdiction, people go to religious places and other possible places inside the forest boundry to gamble, more particularly in Shravan month.
- ► 2017 (132)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- ► 2010 (415)
- Cattle Killing by Lions
- Lioness attack at Chhapariyali in Greater Gir
- Seven year lion dies in Babra vidi
- Lion attack at Monvel in Gir East
- Parting at Modern Farm Houses in Forest area near ...
- Poachers’ bail plea gets HC push
- Train fails mid-jungle in Gir
- Lion attack at Jeera
- Leopard killed by lion
- Lion and Leopard attack two man
- Three cheers to Gir Lion fans! Population on rise....
- More wells around Gir covered after government hik...
- No tigers in MP’s Panna means Gir keeps lions’ sha...
- Indian pitta, pied crested cuckoo arrive at Hingol...
- Barda sanctuary faces threat from mining
- Gir sanctuary to be closed from June 16 to Oct 15
- HC reserves order on sale of 300 Gir plots
- Carcass of Leopard found; Ill lioness dies
- Maintain status quo on land around Gir: HC
- Lion attacks farmer at Anjar village
- 5 sarpanchs get notices for their involvement in c...
- Forest dept failed to sniff plot against Lion cons...
- Girnar ropeway could harm vulture conservation
- ‘Forensics can easily be used in wildlife’
- Land in lions’ abode sold illegally
- Wildlife splendours of the world’s only Asiatic li...
- Pride and joy: Family of white lions prepare to le...
- Lions kill at Khisri
- Five arrested for possession of lion claw in Amrel...
- European experts undertake Girnar ropeway survey
- ▼ June 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)