Five arrested for possession of lion claw in Amreli
The Economic Times
AMRELI: Five persons have been arrested after they were found possessing a lion claw from the eastern region of the Gir wildlife sanctuary falling in Dhari taluka on Friday, forest officials said.
The five were travelling in a car when they were stopped at the Jasadhar check post inside the wildlife sanctuary by the forest staff.
On searching, one of them was found wearing a lion claw around his neck, they said.
Range Forest officer (RFO) of the Gir (east) K B Mulani arrested the five under the Wildlife Protection Act and are interrogating them, forest officials said.
Of the five, four hail from Rajasthan, while one belongs to Bagasra taluka of the district, they said.
The four from Rajasthan have been identified as Roicha Singh, Gajendra Singh, Ramnivas Dhakad and Kanhaialal Dhakad.
While one from Bagasra is named Vijay Bhuva, forest officials said, adding further investigation was on.
- ► 2017 (154)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- ► 2010 (415)
- Cattle Killing by Lions
- Lioness attack at Chhapariyali in Greater Gir
- Seven year lion dies in Babra vidi
- Lion attack at Monvel in Gir East
- Parting at Modern Farm Houses in Forest area near ...
- Poachers’ bail plea gets HC push
- Train fails mid-jungle in Gir
- Lion attack at Jeera
- Leopard killed by lion
- Lion and Leopard attack two man
- Three cheers to Gir Lion fans! Population on rise....
- More wells around Gir covered after government hik...
- No tigers in MP’s Panna means Gir keeps lions’ sha...
- Indian pitta, pied crested cuckoo arrive at Hingol...
- Barda sanctuary faces threat from mining
- Gir sanctuary to be closed from June 16 to Oct 15
- HC reserves order on sale of 300 Gir plots
- Carcass of Leopard found; Ill lioness dies
- Maintain status quo on land around Gir: HC
- Lion attacks farmer at Anjar village
- 5 sarpanchs get notices for their involvement in c...
- Forest dept failed to sniff plot against Lion cons...
- Girnar ropeway could harm vulture conservation
- ‘Forensics can easily be used in wildlife’
- Land in lions’ abode sold illegally
- Wildlife splendours of the world’s only Asiatic li...
- Pride and joy: Family of white lions prepare to le...
- Lions kill at Khisri
- Five arrested for possession of lion claw in Amrel...
- European experts undertake Girnar ropeway survey
- ▼ June 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)