Solitary reaper: Only one voter in Gujarat polling booth
Press Trust of India NDTV.Com
Monday, March,2 2009 (Ahmedabad):
Banej polling booth in Junagadh Parliamentary Constituency in Gujarat will have only one voter, said Election Commission.
Banej is the only booth in the country having one voter.
"Banej is located in the Gir forest and is part of Una Assembly segment," said Junagadh Collector Ashwin Kumar.
He added that there is only one voter in the polling booth and he is a babaji in a temple located there.
According to him, in the last assembly election also held in December 2007, there was only one voter in the polling booth.
- ► 2017 (107)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- ► 2010 (415)
- Four African cheetahs arrive at Sakkarbag
- Leopard injures farmer in swimming pool
- 'Dearth of animal trackers'
- Leopard attacked two
- Lion Attacks farmer
- Leopard injures 5-yr-old boy in Amreli village
- 3 lions from Junagadh reach Singapore
- State to get pair of cheetahs soon
- Youth nabbed with gun in Gir
- 1 chinkara, 3 neelgais found dead in Gir
- Gir croc kills photographer
- Three peacocks poached
- Main accused in Chinkara poaching held
- Forest fire in Pipalva in Gir East
- Cattle Killing by Lions
- Gir forest fire: Is Centre's order motivated?
- 2 lion cubs found dead near Gir
- Two cubs Killed
- On held for Chinkara death in Amreli
- Foresters are content with retired vets
- DD to telecast special show on gir forests on 8 Ma...
- Solitary reaper: Only one voter in Gujarat polling...
- ▼ March 2009 (22)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)