Main accused in Chinkara poaching held
Briefly translated from Gujarati
Before few days a dead body of Chinkara was found entangled in clutch wire-trap laid in a farm in Vaghwadi village of Dhari Taluka. Chinkara had died due to suffocation with trap in its neck. The farm belonged to Khoja (Chavda) family of Dhari, who had given the land for farming to Kanti Lava Dabhi, Devipujak community. Kanti was present before court and sent to jail thereafter. He confirmed of having laid the trap to protect his crop from wild animals. He also gave two names as supporter in laying the trap.
- ► 2017 (109)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- ► 2010 (415)
- Four African cheetahs arrive at Sakkarbag
- Leopard injures farmer in swimming pool
- 'Dearth of animal trackers'
- Leopard attacked two
- Lion Attacks farmer
- Leopard injures 5-yr-old boy in Amreli village
- 3 lions from Junagadh reach Singapore
- State to get pair of cheetahs soon
- Youth nabbed with gun in Gir
- 1 chinkara, 3 neelgais found dead in Gir
- Gir croc kills photographer
- Three peacocks poached
- Main accused in Chinkara poaching held
- Forest fire in Pipalva in Gir East
- Cattle Killing by Lions
- Gir forest fire: Is Centre's order motivated?
- 2 lion cubs found dead near Gir
- Two cubs Killed
- On held for Chinkara death in Amreli
- Foresters are content with retired vets
- DD to telecast special show on gir forests on 8 Ma...
- Solitary reaper: Only one voter in Gujarat polling...
- ▼ March 2009 (22)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)