3 lions from Junagadh reach Singapore
Times of India
JUNAGADH: Three Asiatic lions from herea lion and two lionesses reached the confines of a Singapore zoo on Wednesday, after flying to Singapore via Ahmedabad. "Six-and-a-half-year-old Khapat, 4.5-year-old Amba and 10-year-old Swati reached their new house safely by a Singapore Airlines cargo plane," said zoo superintendent of Sakkarbag, VJ Rana said. "In exchange, two male-female pairs of cheetahs will arrive in Sakkarbaug in a week's time," he said, adding, Sakkarbag Zoo will be the first zoo in the country to have a complete cheetah family.
Sakkarbag zoo is the place from where lions have been sent to different parts of the world. Till now, 141 lions have been sent to zoos across the world, including Switzerland and Finland. As many as 30 species of animals have been transported from Junagadh zoo to Europe.
- ► 2017 (154)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- ► 2010 (415)
- Four African cheetahs arrive at Sakkarbag
- Leopard injures farmer in swimming pool
- 'Dearth of animal trackers'
- Leopard attacked two
- Lion Attacks farmer
- Leopard injures 5-yr-old boy in Amreli village
- 3 lions from Junagadh reach Singapore
- State to get pair of cheetahs soon
- Youth nabbed with gun in Gir
- 1 chinkara, 3 neelgais found dead in Gir
- Gir croc kills photographer
- Three peacocks poached
- Main accused in Chinkara poaching held
- Forest fire in Pipalva in Gir East
- Cattle Killing by Lions
- Gir forest fire: Is Centre's order motivated?
- 2 lion cubs found dead near Gir
- Two cubs Killed
- On held for Chinkara death in Amreli
- Foresters are content with retired vets
- DD to telecast special show on gir forests on 8 Ma...
- Solitary reaper: Only one voter in Gujarat polling...
- ▼ March 2009 (22)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)