1 chinkara, 3 neelgais found dead in Gir
Times of India
Dhari : A chinkara and three neelgais were found dead at Kuguda village farm in Tarasiya range, 15 km off Gir (East) sanctuary boundary on Saturday. However, state forest department ruled out any possibility of a poaching case.
Foresters were notified about the dead animals early in the morning by villagers. Manishwar Raja, DFO of Gir (East), said, the neelgais were found lying on the boundary of the farm, while the chinkara was in the farmland. Raja said, "Either the animals died after drinking some poisonous water containing urea or some other substance, or they consumed something like castor seeds.
"The forensic post mortem is being done on the animals, and its reports will clear the cause of death," he added. How-ever, Raja made it clear that there were no external injury marks on the bodies and so hunting or poaching was ruled out.
- ► 2018 (90)
- ► 2017 (156)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- ► 2010 (415)
- Four African cheetahs arrive at Sakkarbag
- Leopard injures farmer in swimming pool
- 'Dearth of animal trackers'
- Leopard attacked two
- Lion Attacks farmer
- Leopard injures 5-yr-old boy in Amreli village
- 3 lions from Junagadh reach Singapore
- State to get pair of cheetahs soon
- Youth nabbed with gun in Gir
- 1 chinkara, 3 neelgais found dead in Gir
- Gir croc kills photographer
- Three peacocks poached
- Main accused in Chinkara poaching held
- Forest fire in Pipalva in Gir East
- Cattle Killing by Lions
- Gir forest fire: Is Centre's order motivated?
- 2 lion cubs found dead near Gir
- Two cubs Killed
- On held for Chinkara death in Amreli
- Foresters are content with retired vets
- DD to telecast special show on gir forests on 8 Ma...
- Solitary reaper: Only one voter in Gujarat polling...
- ▼ March 2009 (22)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)