On held for Chinkara death in Amreli
Times of India
State forest department on Monday lodged a case of hunting of Chinkara under section 9 and 11 of wild life Protection act and arrested a person from Chhatariya village of Amreli district on the outskirts of Gir Forest. MM Sharma, conservator of forest (Gir) said that a farmer identified as Nuruddin Chavda was booked by the forest officials. Sharma said, "The accused had laid a trap using clutch wire of scooter to protect his farm from wild animal. Meanwhile, a chinkara got trapped in it late on Sunday night and died. Carcass of the animal was found intact and it was clear that the trap was laid to protect the farm and no to poach it.
- ► 2017 (156)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- ► 2010 (415)
- Four African cheetahs arrive at Sakkarbag
- Leopard injures farmer in swimming pool
- 'Dearth of animal trackers'
- Leopard attacked two
- Lion Attacks farmer
- Leopard injures 5-yr-old boy in Amreli village
- 3 lions from Junagadh reach Singapore
- State to get pair of cheetahs soon
- Youth nabbed with gun in Gir
- 1 chinkara, 3 neelgais found dead in Gir
- Gir croc kills photographer
- Three peacocks poached
- Main accused in Chinkara poaching held
- Forest fire in Pipalva in Gir East
- Cattle Killing by Lions
- Gir forest fire: Is Centre's order motivated?
- 2 lion cubs found dead near Gir
- Two cubs Killed
- On held for Chinkara death in Amreli
- Foresters are content with retired vets
- DD to telecast special show on gir forests on 8 Ma...
- Solitary reaper: Only one voter in Gujarat polling...
- ▼ March 2009 (22)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)