Police teams sent to Junagadh to investigate RTI activist's murder
Times of India
Ahmedabad Police has sent teams to Junagadh to investigate the murder of RTI activist Amit Jethwa, who was killed in front of Gujarat High Court from a point blank range by two assailants.
"Police are investigating all aspects linked to Jethwa's murder, including the name of persons figuring in the PIL on illegal mining filed by him," DCP Brijeshkumar Jha said.
The PIL against illegal mining on the periphery of Gir forest area has named BJP MP from Junagadh, Dinu Solanki and his family members.
"We have found that the bike used by the assailants was stolen from Dholka town," Jha said, adding that the bag left by the two at the site of the incident had clothes with marks of a Junagadh laundry.
The second lead in the case is that Jethwa had returned from Gandhinagar, before he was shot dead near the state High Court on Tuesday, Jha said.
The police have sent teams to Junagadh to investigate the case, he said.
Jethwa's father Bhikabhai yesterday alleged that Dinu Solanki could be behind his son's killing.
- ► 2017 (132)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- Leopard attack: Two injured in Junagadh
- Details of existing cases filed by Amit Jethwa
- Ramesh nod to reintroduce cheetah in 3 sites
- Cheetahs will find a home in India again
- Gujarat misses out on cheetah
- Jethava murder: ‘Missing’ MP says not guilty in ad...
- Jethava murder: Police close in on suspects
- Shaken by Jethava’s killing, senior activist gives...
- Amit Jethava murder: Police team visits Junagadh t...
- Police teams sent to Junagadh to investigate RTI a...
- Slain RTI activist's dad says BJP MP to blame
- His show must go on, says close friend
- FIR on illegal mining was filed 3 days ago
- Jethava was feared, mocked at in state forest dept...
- CONTESTED 2007 ASSEMBLY POLLS
- Cops mismanaged crime scene
- ‘I suspect Junagadh MP for my son’s murder’
- How police let killers escape
- Wildlife activist shot dead near HC
- RTI activist shot dead near Gujarat high court
- Green activist shot dead near High Court
- Crackdown on illegal mining near Gir
- Translocation of lions: Prey base main contention ...
- Gir has prey base of 56 animals per sq km
- SHIFTING OF LIONS
- Lioness dies of old age in Gir
- Second abondened cub dies
- One of the two abondened cub dies
- Villagers kill leopard after it attacks 9 in Banas...
- State govt allocates Rs 10 cr for Ambardi lion int...
- Two cubs alondened by mother
- Safari permits will not be increased
- Seamless coverage of Gir sanctuary
- BELLING THE BIG CAT
- Gir collects Rs 2 crore from tourist inflow
- Post Big B visit, tourism dept seeks hike in Gir v...
- Leopard attacks sleeping woman
- ▼ July 2010 (37)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)