CONTESTED 2007 ASSEMBLY POLLS
Times of India
Activist Amit had more foes than friends
Amit Jethava had made more enemies than friends whether is was forest beat guards to politicians. Sources said fearing threat to his life, Jethava carried a licensed gun for protection. He had recently submitted an affidavit with the Kodinar police expressing fear for his life. His father told the police on Wednesday that ever since Jethava raised the illegal limestone mining issue, he had been apprehensive of one such attack.
The last petition filed by Amit was against illegal mining in the outskirts of Gir forest near Kodinar. As president of the Gir Nature club, a majority of his petitions and Right
to Information (RTI) applications were focused on environment issues.
Jethava had nearly 27 RTI appeals pending in the State Information Commission on issues like construction of check dams, ponds, panchayat elections, students issues, pensions and illegal mining.
Jethava, who contested assembly elections in 2007, In his affidavit had stated that there were two cases against him — an extortion case against him and impersonating a forest official to take photographs of a dead lion. In another police complaint registered in Khamba, Amreli, he had been accused of trespassing and illegal detention. He was chargesheeted in both cases.
- ► 2017 (156)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- Leopard attack: Two injured in Junagadh
- Details of existing cases filed by Amit Jethwa
- Ramesh nod to reintroduce cheetah in 3 sites
- Cheetahs will find a home in India again
- Gujarat misses out on cheetah
- Jethava murder: ‘Missing’ MP says not guilty in ad...
- Jethava murder: Police close in on suspects
- Shaken by Jethava’s killing, senior activist gives...
- Amit Jethava murder: Police team visits Junagadh t...
- Police teams sent to Junagadh to investigate RTI a...
- Slain RTI activist's dad says BJP MP to blame
- His show must go on, says close friend
- FIR on illegal mining was filed 3 days ago
- Jethava was feared, mocked at in state forest dept...
- CONTESTED 2007 ASSEMBLY POLLS
- Cops mismanaged crime scene
- ‘I suspect Junagadh MP for my son’s murder’
- How police let killers escape
- Wildlife activist shot dead near HC
- RTI activist shot dead near Gujarat high court
- Green activist shot dead near High Court
- Crackdown on illegal mining near Gir
- Translocation of lions: Prey base main contention ...
- Gir has prey base of 56 animals per sq km
- SHIFTING OF LIONS
- Lioness dies of old age in Gir
- Second abondened cub dies
- One of the two abondened cub dies
- Villagers kill leopard after it attacks 9 in Banas...
- State govt allocates Rs 10 cr for Ambardi lion int...
- Two cubs alondened by mother
- Safari permits will not be increased
- Seamless coverage of Gir sanctuary
- BELLING THE BIG CAT
- Gir collects Rs 2 crore from tourist inflow
- Post Big B visit, tourism dept seeks hike in Gir v...
- Leopard attacks sleeping woman
- ▼ July 2010 (37)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)