Amit Jethava murder: Police team visits Junagadh to investigate BJP MP's role
A team of Ahmedabad police and Crime Branch officers have left for Junagarh to probe into the allegations levelled by the parents of RTI activist Amit Jethava that he was killed by BJP MP Dinu Solanki.
Joint Commissioner of Police Satish Sharma said the team left for Junagadh even as "the parents are yet to give a formal complaint to us" in this regard.
Meanwhile, Ahmedabad-based lawyer Anand Yagnik today gave a written statement to the Sola High Court police, stating that Jethava had met him on July 19 at the HC.
He said Jethava expressed fears that Solanki would kill him as he had filed a PIL inquiring the MP's role in an alleged land mining scam in the Gir Wildlife Sanctuary.
Yagnik told the police said Jethava had asked him to extend moral and legal support in his efforts to check illegal mining.
He further said that he was giving the statement as Jethava was killed in front of the high court the very next day.
- ► 2018 (90)
- ► 2017 (156)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- Leopard attack: Two injured in Junagadh
- Details of existing cases filed by Amit Jethwa
- Ramesh nod to reintroduce cheetah in 3 sites
- Cheetahs will find a home in India again
- Gujarat misses out on cheetah
- Jethava murder: ‘Missing’ MP says not guilty in ad...
- Jethava murder: Police close in on suspects
- Shaken by Jethava’s killing, senior activist gives...
- Amit Jethava murder: Police team visits Junagadh t...
- Police teams sent to Junagadh to investigate RTI a...
- Slain RTI activist's dad says BJP MP to blame
- His show must go on, says close friend
- FIR on illegal mining was filed 3 days ago
- Jethava was feared, mocked at in state forest dept...
- CONTESTED 2007 ASSEMBLY POLLS
- Cops mismanaged crime scene
- ‘I suspect Junagadh MP for my son’s murder’
- How police let killers escape
- Wildlife activist shot dead near HC
- RTI activist shot dead near Gujarat high court
- Green activist shot dead near High Court
- Crackdown on illegal mining near Gir
- Translocation of lions: Prey base main contention ...
- Gir has prey base of 56 animals per sq km
- SHIFTING OF LIONS
- Lioness dies of old age in Gir
- Second abondened cub dies
- One of the two abondened cub dies
- Villagers kill leopard after it attacks 9 in Banas...
- State govt allocates Rs 10 cr for Ambardi lion int...
- Two cubs alondened by mother
- Safari permits will not be increased
- Seamless coverage of Gir sanctuary
- BELLING THE BIG CAT
- Gir collects Rs 2 crore from tourist inflow
- Post Big B visit, tourism dept seeks hike in Gir v...
- Leopard attacks sleeping woman
- ▼ July 2010 (37)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)