Lioness gives birth to 3 cubs in Gir forest
Press Trust of India
A lioness has given birth to three cubs in the Gir forest region of Jafrabad taluka in the district, forest officials said today.
The cubs were born last night in the forest region near Nageshari village, they said.
Lions are enlisted as a Schedule-1 animal under the (Indian) Wildlife Act, whose existence is considered to be on the verge of extinction.
The Gir forest is spread in three districts of Junagadh, Amreli and Bhavnagar, and is considered to be the last abode of Asiatic lions.
According to the lion census conducted between April 24- 27 early this year, there were 411 lions in Gir forests, which included 162 females and 97 males, 77 cubs less than one-year- old and 75 cubs aged between one to three years.
- ► 2017 (156)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- Experience of Counting Lions at Gir 2010
- 15 held for selling fake wildlife skin, bones in B...
- Great Indian bustard may soon be extinct
- Lioness dies in Kankaria zoo
- Tourists increase after Big B shot in Gir
- Deserted cub rescued by forest officials
- Arizona Restaurant Serves Lion Meat To Mark World ...
- Only one big cat left at zoo
- Lion cub found dead in Amreli
- Vulture population may have shrunk to less than 1,...
- Two leopards fall in well, one dies
- LION’S DAY OUT
- Leopard dies after falling into well
- Forest department plans breeding centres to widen ...
- New uniform for forest officials in Gir
- Lioness gives birth to 3 cubs
- Lioness gives birth to 3 cubs in Gir forest
- Two leopards found dead in Visavadar
- Two leopard carcasses recovered
- Baby leopard dies in road accident
- Gir Lion Sanctuary to close for visitors from June...
- Tracking the tiger killers
- Lioness dies in Amreli after falling in well
- Amitabh Bachchan spends Thursday shooting with lio...
- Sher ki kahani, Bachchan ki zubaani
- Bachchan in Gir forest to shoot advt with lions
- Vulture nests to hit Girnar ropeway plan?
- There are bungles in the EIA report of Girnar Rope...
- 69 rare vultures live at proposed Girnar rope-way ...
- ▼ June 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)