Amitabh Bachchan spends Thursday shooting with lions, Siddis
Thursday saw Big B not just meeting his match, but also shooting with them. In Gujarat for an ad film shoot, the Shehenshah of Bollywood spent the better part of Thursday shooting with the Kings of the jungle in the Gir forests.
He also met with members of the local Siddi tribe.
While cyclone Phet did play spoilsport on Wednesday, Thursday was far more productive, and quite a few important shots were canned, said sources from his entourage. The shot with the Siddi tribe turned out to be a very good one, and Bachchan had a really good time while at it, said the source.
The actor was equally happy shooting with the lions in the afternoon, said the source. Reportedly, two designated routes into the forest have been reserved especially for the Big B, for easy entry into the forests that the actor has been frequenting for the last couple of days.
However, the schedules of the shoot are turning out to be quite hectic, say sources. Mostly organised early in the morning or late in the evening, the shoots have reportedly been taking quite a toll on the entourage.
Done with shooting in Gir and the vicinity, Bachchan shall now proceed to the Somnath temple tomorrow, where he shall be stationed for the next two days.
The shoots aside, Bachchan continued tweeting and blogging with the same zest as ever. His blog, late on Thursday evening, came alive with pictures of the Siddi dancers, as also with poetry and an extract of a foreword written by his father, late poet Harivanshrai Bachchan.
- ► 2017 (154)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- Experience of Counting Lions at Gir 2010
- 15 held for selling fake wildlife skin, bones in B...
- Great Indian bustard may soon be extinct
- Lioness dies in Kankaria zoo
- Tourists increase after Big B shot in Gir
- Deserted cub rescued by forest officials
- Arizona Restaurant Serves Lion Meat To Mark World ...
- Only one big cat left at zoo
- Lion cub found dead in Amreli
- Vulture population may have shrunk to less than 1,...
- Two leopards fall in well, one dies
- LION’S DAY OUT
- Leopard dies after falling into well
- Forest department plans breeding centres to widen ...
- New uniform for forest officials in Gir
- Lioness gives birth to 3 cubs
- Lioness gives birth to 3 cubs in Gir forest
- Two leopards found dead in Visavadar
- Two leopard carcasses recovered
- Baby leopard dies in road accident
- Gir Lion Sanctuary to close for visitors from June...
- Tracking the tiger killers
- Lioness dies in Amreli after falling in well
- Amitabh Bachchan spends Thursday shooting with lio...
- Sher ki kahani, Bachchan ki zubaani
- Bachchan in Gir forest to shoot advt with lions
- Vulture nests to hit Girnar ropeway plan?
- There are bungles in the EIA report of Girnar Rope...
- 69 rare vultures live at proposed Girnar rope-way ...
- ▼ June 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)