Sasans only vet quits after pay cut
Times of India By Himanshu Kaushik
RK Hirpara,posted as a veterinary doctor in Sasan,has quit his job.Reason: he got a pay cut.Two more veterinary doctors who were working with the forest department have also suddenly resigned.
Officials said these veterinary doctors were on contract with the forest department and were paid Rs 14,000 per month besides travel and dearness allowances.But of late,these veternary doctors were taken on contract with the animal husbandary department on a fixed salary of Rs 12,800 per month and no DA was offered to them.
In all,there are four doctors,two posted in Sakkarbaug zoo in Junagadh,where lions are brought for treatment,one in Bhavnagar and another in Sasan.Of the four,Dr RF Kadiwar is on deputation to Sakkarbaug from Amreli district panchayat,while Dr CM Bhuva,the senior-most doctor at Sakkarbaug,was promoted and sent to Morbi in the animal husbandary department.
A veterinary doctor refusing to be quoted said earlier he drew Rs 14,000 per month and another Rs 3,000 as TA & DA.As his was a field job rescuing animals,he had to travel a lot with the labour and beat guards.The expenses are borne by the doctors as they are the senior most.So far,we were regularly promised that we would be confirmed as full-time doctors, says Hirpara.He said that he had been associated with the forest department for the past 12 years and was getting around Rs 16,000 per month,but under the new contract his salary was fixed at Rs 12,800.
He said a person who has put in 12 years of service should ideally be drawing around Rs 40,000 per month.A senior officer said that after Hirpara and Bhuva,there was no one as experienced as the two and the department was left with only one doctor who too is only on deputation.
A member of the state wildlife board said that in absence of the doctors,the injured animals would now have to be transferred to Sakkarbaug Zoo.
- ► 2017 (112)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- Such crimes need mix of experts to be solved
- Gir poaching case, milestone for forensics
- ‘WILDLIFE LAWS NEED MORE CLAWS’
- Cracking of 2007 lion poaching case
- Not M-P, Gir lions are going to China
- Girl attacked by leopard in Veraval village, serio...
- Two cubs fall in Open Well
- Forest fire in Gir East
- Sasans only vet quits after pay cut
- Leopard caught, sent to Junagadh zoo
- READERS RESPONSE
- Wildlife protection Act needs more fangs
- Gang of 10 poachers behind leopard's death
- Guj rejects Centre's offer to swap lions with tige...
- Gujarat not interested in tiger-lion swap
- Man spent night on three to save himself from lion...
- Lion poaching: Kingpin set free
- Centre offers tigers for Guj’s lions
- High-tech gadgets to be used for tracking lions at...
- Leopard injures three in Talala village
- In fight between two lions
- Young man escaped leopard attack
- Sakkarbag zoo full of “attacking” leopards
- Finally Bhavnath’s Man-eater(?) leopard caught
- 7 peacocks found dead in Amreli village
- Forest officials suspect land sharks behind Victor...
- Baby leopards killed by another leopard
- Leopard kills One at Bhavnath
- Leopard trapped in Ghogha, dies
- Tigers for Lions! Reactions by By: Resp Shri Lavk...
- Forest dept to employ GIS for Asiatic lion census
- Cops on alert, leopard still on prowl
- WHAT ABOUT THE LION REHABILITATION
- State opposes shifting of Gir lions to MP tiger re...
- Leopards rule in the last abode of Asiatic lions
- Move to relocate lions from Gir reserve splits BJP...
- Gujarat opposes transfer of Gir lions
- Lion get young man by neck
- Leopard kills two in Veraval
- Gujarat opposes shifting lion sanctuary to MP tige...
- Boy saved from leopard jaws
- Leopard attacking human always gets life term impr...
- Pride reaches Hamapur near Bagasara
- Leopard found dead in Bhavnagar village
- Leopard attacks pilgrim in Girnar
- 550 crores projects for Gir lions
- Lion kill at Wadal
- Leopard trapped in farmer’s house
- Cheetahs fall ill at Sakkar Baug Zoo in Junagadh, ...
- Lion kills near Visavadar
- In the lion’s den
- ▼ February 2010 (51)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)