Saturday, February 20, 2010
Times of India
Shifting lions,tigers a bad idea
Do we need tigers in Gujarat
No.Gujarat is the lone abode of Asiatic lions and Gujarat should remain so.
| HERSHAD KUMARI
Lions are prestige of Gujarat and the idea of shifting them will not go down well with the people.
No.Gujarat is a safe abode for lions than any other place in India.
| VIBHUTI VYAS
No.Lions have been here for many years now and Gujarat is their natural habitat
No,because we are not at all interested in swapping lions for tigers.
| VIA SMS
If lions are shifted from here,it will affect the already struggling tourism industry of Gujarat.
| DEVANSHU GANDHI
If the Indian government cannot protect our national animal,how can they protect lions Gujarat has been successful in protecting lions better and lions are safe in Gujarat.
| RK JADEJA
Moving lions to a new place might prove to be fatal.They should be left in their habitat only.
Shifting tigers to Gujarat and lions to Madhya Pradesh may pose a threat to both the endangered species.These are wild animals and shifting them may pose complications.I am against the idea.
| GOPAL SUVAGIYA
The tourism industry in Gujarat is already lagging behind some other states because of the prohibition law.Lions in Gir are a trademark and tourists visit the state only because of lions.
| KAVIITA VACHHRAJANI
We should have our national animal as well!
Yes,tiger is our national animal and we should have them as well.
| JAYRAJ WALA
Yes.I think having tigers in our forests will enhance the tourist flow.Its an opportunity and we should grab it.
| VIA SMS
The state really needs tigers.If we have tigers in Gir,it will surely uplift the tourism industry.
| SOYAB GARANA
Yes.lions should be allowed to live where the environment is suitable for them.
| NAJEEB KHAN
- ► 2018 (90)
- ► 2017 (156)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- Such crimes need mix of experts to be solved
- Gir poaching case, milestone for forensics
- ‘WILDLIFE LAWS NEED MORE CLAWS’
- Cracking of 2007 lion poaching case
- Not M-P, Gir lions are going to China
- Girl attacked by leopard in Veraval village, serio...
- Two cubs fall in Open Well
- Forest fire in Gir East
- Sasans only vet quits after pay cut
- Leopard caught, sent to Junagadh zoo
- READERS RESPONSE
- Wildlife protection Act needs more fangs
- Gang of 10 poachers behind leopard's death
- Guj rejects Centre's offer to swap lions with tige...
- Gujarat not interested in tiger-lion swap
- Man spent night on three to save himself from lion...
- Lion poaching: Kingpin set free
- Centre offers tigers for Guj’s lions
- High-tech gadgets to be used for tracking lions at...
- Leopard injures three in Talala village
- In fight between two lions
- Young man escaped leopard attack
- Sakkarbag zoo full of “attacking” leopards
- Finally Bhavnath’s Man-eater(?) leopard caught
- 7 peacocks found dead in Amreli village
- Forest officials suspect land sharks behind Victor...
- Baby leopards killed by another leopard
- Leopard kills One at Bhavnath
- Leopard trapped in Ghogha, dies
- Tigers for Lions! Reactions by By: Resp Shri Lavk...
- Forest dept to employ GIS for Asiatic lion census
- Cops on alert, leopard still on prowl
- WHAT ABOUT THE LION REHABILITATION
- State opposes shifting of Gir lions to MP tiger re...
- Leopards rule in the last abode of Asiatic lions
- Move to relocate lions from Gir reserve splits BJP...
- Gujarat opposes transfer of Gir lions
- Lion get young man by neck
- Leopard kills two in Veraval
- Gujarat opposes shifting lion sanctuary to MP tige...
- Boy saved from leopard jaws
- Leopard attacking human always gets life term impr...
- Pride reaches Hamapur near Bagasara
- Leopard found dead in Bhavnagar village
- Leopard attacks pilgrim in Girnar
- 550 crores projects for Gir lions
- Lion kill at Wadal
- Leopard trapped in farmer’s house
- Cheetahs fall ill at Sakkar Baug Zoo in Junagadh, ...
- Lion kills near Visavadar
- In the lion’s den
- ▼ February 2010 (51)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)