MP says Kuno Palpu sanctuary can house 60 Asiatic lions
Press Trust of India
Waiting anxiously to bring the 'king of the jungle' to Kuno Palpur sanctuary, Madhya Pradesh Government has claimed that the park spread over 900 sq kms can house as many as 60 Asiatic lions.
With Gujarat Government refusing to part with its "pride" from Girnar forests which is the only habitat of lions in the country, the Centre has proposed "soft release" of the zoo-bred lions in Kuno Palpur sanctuary as an alternate home to the animal.
The Centre has already identified pure-gene Asiatic lions in the Delhi and Hyderabad zoos for relocating them in Kuno Palpur with an aim to strengthen the population of the endangered species in the country.
"Almost 60 lions can be accomodated in the sanctuary having 900 sq km of buffer area.
- ► 2017 (156)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- ► 2010 (415)
- Senior Research Fellow
- Endangered Asian Lions Were Successfully Bred at N...
- State Forest dept bags national environment award
- Lioness mauls forest officer
- In dark night Man hits lion…
- Spotted Deer Spotted in Dhari Market Area
- Leopard dies in road accident
- Leopardess mauls sleeping man, caged
- Lion cub rescued from open well in Rajula
- MP hasn’t given up yet
- After Guj denial, MP gets zoo-bred lions
- Leopard attacks labour at Patapar village near Una...
- Cattle Killing by Lions
- MP says Kuno Palpu sanctuary can house 60 Asiatic ...
- IBM to help create 'Little Africa' in Gujarat
- Two leopards caught, hunt on for third
- Leopard caught from Bhavnagar village
- Gir lions to wear a chip under their skin
- Lion kills another for Jungle Raj in Mahuva
- Forest without public but with lots of Garbage aft...
- Leopard rescued from Junagadh well
- 6.19 lacs (almost three quarter millions) tourist ...
- Three lions seen on Parikrama route
- Sambar stampeds tourists in Parikrama
- GenNext gung-ho about Girnar Parikrama
- Parikrama draws thousands in Rajkot
- Mayor, deputy mayor booked under Arms act
- ▼ November 2009 (27)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)