6.19 lacs (almost three quarter millions) tourist finish Girnar Parikrama
Briefly translated from Gujarati
Girnar Parikrama has lot of religious importance. And now due to improved transportation and a reason of outing no. of pilgrims for Parikrama goes on increasing every year. A survey also stated that about 40% of the tourist were young people having come to enjoy nature and animals (of course- free-charge)
This year many pilgrims started the Parikrama before the scheduled date to avoid rush. Forest department had set-up an couting point at "Nal-pani Ghodi," which recorded 6,19,000 pilgrims this year. While returning heavy tourist traffic was also seen at tourist places of Junagadh like Uparkot, Sakkrbag, Narsinh Mehta No Choro, etc.
- ► 2017 (107)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- ► 2010 (415)
- Senior Research Fellow
- Endangered Asian Lions Were Successfully Bred at N...
- State Forest dept bags national environment award
- Lioness mauls forest officer
- In dark night Man hits lion…
- Spotted Deer Spotted in Dhari Market Area
- Leopard dies in road accident
- Leopardess mauls sleeping man, caged
- Lion cub rescued from open well in Rajula
- MP hasn’t given up yet
- After Guj denial, MP gets zoo-bred lions
- Leopard attacks labour at Patapar village near Una...
- Cattle Killing by Lions
- MP says Kuno Palpu sanctuary can house 60 Asiatic ...
- IBM to help create 'Little Africa' in Gujarat
- Two leopards caught, hunt on for third
- Leopard caught from Bhavnagar village
- Gir lions to wear a chip under their skin
- Lion kills another for Jungle Raj in Mahuva
- Forest without public but with lots of Garbage aft...
- Leopard rescued from Junagadh well
- 6.19 lacs (almost three quarter millions) tourist ...
- Three lions seen on Parikrama route
- Sambar stampeds tourists in Parikrama
- GenNext gung-ho about Girnar Parikrama
- Parikrama draws thousands in Rajkot
- Mayor, deputy mayor booked under Arms act
- ▼ November 2009 (27)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)