Forest without public but with lots of Garbage after Parikrama
Briefly translated from Gujarati
Parikrama that began from Dev Diwali (29-10-2009) was officially declared closed on 02-11-2009. last lot of pilgrims that loader at Bordevi yesterday night have returned to Bhavnath(Starting Point). Heavy traffic was seen on Junagadh roads. Those religious organization who had put their stalls for free-food have started carrying out marquees etc. out of the jungle. Unfortunately, as always, lacks of tourists have put their foot prints behind in the form of garbage. Almost allover the tracking route and nearby tobacco sachets, spoilt vegetables, paper and plastic was seen. Also due to less rain this year, at many places river had dried up but still water ponds were formed. These clear still water ponds were highly polluted by detergents and soaps.
Kishore Kotecha's Comment : It is difficult to stop parikrama every year. But at least strict measures should be taken so that tourists do not pollute the place. This is just like using someone's home for free and then making it dirty.
- ► 2017 (132)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- ► 2010 (415)
- Senior Research Fellow
- Endangered Asian Lions Were Successfully Bred at N...
- State Forest dept bags national environment award
- Lioness mauls forest officer
- In dark night Man hits lion…
- Spotted Deer Spotted in Dhari Market Area
- Leopard dies in road accident
- Leopardess mauls sleeping man, caged
- Lion cub rescued from open well in Rajula
- MP hasn’t given up yet
- After Guj denial, MP gets zoo-bred lions
- Leopard attacks labour at Patapar village near Una...
- Cattle Killing by Lions
- MP says Kuno Palpu sanctuary can house 60 Asiatic ...
- IBM to help create 'Little Africa' in Gujarat
- Two leopards caught, hunt on for third
- Leopard caught from Bhavnagar village
- Gir lions to wear a chip under their skin
- Lion kills another for Jungle Raj in Mahuva
- Forest without public but with lots of Garbage aft...
- Leopard rescued from Junagadh well
- 6.19 lacs (almost three quarter millions) tourist ...
- Three lions seen on Parikrama route
- Sambar stampeds tourists in Parikrama
- GenNext gung-ho about Girnar Parikrama
- Parikrama draws thousands in Rajkot
- Mayor, deputy mayor booked under Arms act
- ▼ November 2009 (27)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)