Intel says Poachers on the prowl in Gir again
Times of India
Intelligence inputs warn of a gang of poachers, who have become active in an around Sasan Gir. Forest department officials said that the intelligence input was received from the Centre that a gang was active in the area, trying to poach lions, especially in the area outside Sasan Gir. The Centre had asked the government to keep a watch especially in these areas.
Investigations on this tip-off pointed at possibilities of a gang from Madhya Pradesh. The CID crime which had investigated the case in 2007 had passed on the specific information to the forest department.
Meera Ramnivas, inspector general CID (Crime) said that the department had got inputs of a gang getting active in the area and the same was sent to forest department. She said that the catch on Friday night was the success of a similar input.
- ► 2017 (154)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- Leopard attacks a child
- ‘Centre did not consult state on lion shifting’
- Lion cub’s carcass found in Visavadar range
- Lion census in April, to cover 4 districts
- Is Gujarat serious about keeping the lion’s share?...
- Lion transfer will be big blow to Gujarat tourism
- Lion safari at Ambardi too
- Forest officials’ expertise to be considered befor...
- Few foresters in Gir know wildlife nitty-gritty: s...
- ‘70 per cent of Corbett resorts host weddings, rac...
- Lions for Kuno: MP reiterates demand for Gir’s wil...
- SC asks why Guj isn’t giving lions to MP
- 5 nabbed from Barda Wildlife Sanctuary while cooki...
- Girl, labourer survive separate leopard attacks in...
- Leopard attacks girl child
- Seized lion claws fake, say police
- Buffalo killed by lions in Bhavnath area
- Govt yet to act on poaching incidents
- Police set decoy, seize pair of lion' paws
- Intel says Poachers on the prowl in Gir again
- Lioness attacks farm labour
- Two caught with Lion paws
- Forest Department frontline staff trained for more...
- ‘MP sanctuary ideal for Gir lions, but not for tho...
- Forest department grabs truck with illegal wood
- 50 Gir lions to get GPS collars Wild Cats Between ...
- Forest department shot four dogs
- Lion dies of old age, leopard's death still myster...
- MP ready to welcome lions, Gujarat in no mood to a...
- Leopard trapped in snare, dies
- Relocation of families from revenue villages of Ku...
- ▼ January 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)