Night Parade by three lions in Girnar Taleti area
Briefly translated from Gujarati
This is first time reported that lions have moved so near to Junagasdh city. Bhavnath Taleti (Valley of Girnar Mountain) is just one Kilometer from the busting city of Junagadh. Girnar forest, just declared as 192 sq km sanctuary area, is also adjoining Junagadh city.
Two days before when tourist were returning to the city, for many hours they show three lions near Gayatri temple and Vagheshwar temple. Last week morning walkers also confirmed having seen these lions near Jogania hill and Damodar Kund.
Range Forest Officer (Girnar Range) Shree S K Jadeja informed that about 36 lions are residing in Girnar WLS. But they are more staying in Jambudi – Patran area. Forest staff is appending people not to gather to see lions and disturbed them. Due to mating season, disturbed animals may attack also.
- ► 2017 (156)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- ► 2010 (415)
- Cattle Killing by Lions
- Kings run for life; Train accident prevented
- Kishore Kotecha Reports – WCT educational activiti...
- Lion attacks two, farmers in a panic
- Lions terrorize residents in Dhari
- Leopard kills boy in Amreli
- Night Parade by three lions in Girnar Taleti area
- Now it is Wild Boar attack in Gir farmers
- Underpaid van sahayaks a threat to lions?
- Angry mob injures beat guards in Gir
- Leopard attacks 11 year old
- MP asks Centre to direct Gujarat for relocating As...
- Rare Indian lion cubs born in London zoo
- Lion cubs make first appearance
- Poachers again in Gir?
- Mob attack home of forest officer
- Direct Gujarat to share lions, MP to Centre
- Forest department to hardsell Guj’s ‘pride’
- Leopard in the house
- Centre has given lion conservation a short shrift:...
- Centre for introduction of tigers in Gujarat; stat...
- Rajya Sabha
- No lion’s share from Centre
- Hundred more Maldhari families to move out of Gir
- Lion Cub Found
- Lioness attacks young man
- Funds for Kuno wildlife sanctuaries in Madhya Prad...
- ▼ August 2009 (27)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)