SRK hunting for plot in lion's den?
Times of India By Himansh Kaushik
Bollywood Star May Buy Land For Farmhouse Near Gir
After Sachin Tendulkar inked a property deal in a 700-acre golf course in Ahmedabad, it is now the turn of Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan, who is said to be looking for land in the home of Asiatic lion in Gir.
Sources said Shah Rukh Khan and television producer Ekta Kapoor have already made inquiries for land on the outskirts of the protected Gir sanctuary, which is the only home for Asiatic lion in the world. Khan, say local sources, has shown interest in a plot located between Haripur and Jalandhar villages on the outskirts of the Gir forest in Junagadh district.
Earlier this month, Tendulkar had invested in a property in the Kensville Golf and Country Club near Ahmedabad.
GD Gajera, talati-cum-mantri of Jalandhar village, which is near the Devaliya Interpretation Zone for Asiatic lions, told TOI, "We too have learnt that there are some negotiations going on between locals and estate brokers. But the deal is yet to be clinched".
Sources said a farmer in Haripur had decided to sell off his land to the star. According to sources, Khan's office in Mumbai was still to clarify for what purpose he wanted the land. It is believed to be for a farmhouse. The film star's office was in contact with local estate brokers, who are expected to be in Junagadh on Saturday to get land records.
Officials said the only condition the buyer party has put forth is that the farmhouse has to be in the vicinity of the national park. When contacted, Haripur sarpanch Ramnikbhai Naranyanbhai said, "We have heard that Khan and Kapoor are looking for land near Sasan". He said Khan's office had probably zeroed in on a plot near Hiran river which passes through Gir forest. The owner of the land is a Gujarati based in Mumbai.
When contacted, Sandeep Kumar, deputy conservator of forest (headquarters), said, "We don't have any knowledge about this".
- ► 2017 (132)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- Relocation of 376 Families and 3 Forest Villages f...
- Guns out for maneater on the prowl
- Lion-Leopard on the same kill!
- Asiatic lions to spend quieter evenings in Gir
- Land prices shoot up; new hotels coming up
- Tourism activities increase
- Farmers have field day hosting 'sleep with lions' ...
- Gir locals offer instant homestays to meet tourist...
- Gir attracts 33K visitors, earns 42L during Diwali...
- Leopard Rescued from Open Well in Gir
- SRK hunting for plot in lion’s den?
- Amitabh’s endorsement lures tourists to Gujarat’s ...
- Beat guards double as guides to meet rush
- Shaying – The Gir song (Invader ZIM)
- Steering clear: No shortcuts through lion country,...
- Six poachers held with Gun at Karamdadi(GirE)
- More permits, new routes inside forest
- It’s roaring biz for Gir courtesy Big B
- ▼ November 2010 (18)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)