Lion-Leopard on the same kill!
Briefly translated from Gujarati
In an unusual event, a lion and a leopard were found eating one bullock at the same time!
This incidence happened on the outskirts of Khilawad village, on the boundry of eastern Gir Forest. A bullock was hunted by a lion. Farmers Himabhai Bhalada and Rasikbhai Padshala show this usual scene of their village while going to their farm. But in the afternoon the scene changed. They show the lion on one side and a leopard on the other side of the same bullock, enjoying the feast at the same time. This was unusual! Normally leopard is scared away by the lion and does'nt permit to share its prey even in absence. Two leopards do share their prey but not lion and leopard.
- ► 2018 (90)
- ► 2017 (156)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- Relocation of 376 Families and 3 Forest Villages f...
- Guns out for maneater on the prowl
- Lion-Leopard on the same kill!
- Asiatic lions to spend quieter evenings in Gir
- Land prices shoot up; new hotels coming up
- Tourism activities increase
- Farmers have field day hosting 'sleep with lions' ...
- Gir locals offer instant homestays to meet tourist...
- Gir attracts 33K visitors, earns 42L during Diwali...
- Leopard Rescued from Open Well in Gir
- SRK hunting for plot in lion’s den?
- Amitabh’s endorsement lures tourists to Gujarat’s ...
- Beat guards double as guides to meet rush
- Shaying – The Gir song (Invader ZIM)
- Steering clear: No shortcuts through lion country,...
- Six poachers held with Gun at Karamdadi(GirE)
- More permits, new routes inside forest
- It’s roaring biz for Gir courtesy Big B
- ▼ November 2010 (18)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)