Leopard Rescued from Open Well in Gir
Briefly translated from Gujarati
Open Wells are death traps for wild animals, domestic animals and sometimes also for poor labours. There is an Open Well (Unprotected Well) In farm of Ramesh Bhura Baldaniya. A six year old leopard fell in to this well accidentally. RFO Visavadar said that leopard may have been running behind its prey and may have tallen into the Well. After six hours of hard efforts, it was rescued by the forest staff and primary treatments, it was freed in the forest. Visavadara area in western part of Gir forest.
- ► 2017 (154)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- Relocation of 376 Families and 3 Forest Villages f...
- Guns out for maneater on the prowl
- Lion-Leopard on the same kill!
- Asiatic lions to spend quieter evenings in Gir
- Land prices shoot up; new hotels coming up
- Tourism activities increase
- Farmers have field day hosting 'sleep with lions' ...
- Gir locals offer instant homestays to meet tourist...
- Gir attracts 33K visitors, earns 42L during Diwali...
- Leopard Rescued from Open Well in Gir
- SRK hunting for plot in lion’s den?
- Amitabh’s endorsement lures tourists to Gujarat’s ...
- Beat guards double as guides to meet rush
- Shaying – The Gir song (Invader ZIM)
- Steering clear: No shortcuts through lion country,...
- Six poachers held with Gun at Karamdadi(GirE)
- More permits, new routes inside forest
- It’s roaring biz for Gir courtesy Big B
- ▼ November 2010 (18)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)