Lioness, cubs captured in Junagadh
Forest officials captured a lioness and four cubs in Junagadh district of Gujarat, a senior official of Gir forest division said today."The lioness and her four cubs are caged to provide them protection", said District Forest Officer (East) of Gir forest division Manishwar Raja.He told PTI on phone that the big cat along with four cubs was spotted by villagers in Kankya village of Una taluka of Junagadh district.A bigger cage, with buffalo as a bait, was procured to trap the lioness and the cubs who are being shifted to wild Life Animal Care Centre in Jasadar, Raja said.They will be kept under observation at the Centre for a week and then will be released in Gir national sanctuary, which is Asia's only abode of Asiatic lions, he said. The forest official added that the big cat did not 'attack' villagers.
- ► 2017 (107)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- Girnar ropeway gets Central nod
- Gujarat to rehabilitate jobless doliwalahs
- NBWL grants approval to Girnar Ropeway in Gujarat:...
- Girnar ropeway to give way to vultures
- Four arrested in connection with lion''s death nea...
- Was the lion electrocuted?
- Seven detained for lion killing
- Five-year-old lion's body found in Gir forest
- Lion carcass found in Talaja
- Five-year-old lion''s body found in Gir forest
- A Lion cub was found dead in Babariya Range
- Lioness, cubs are guests at a farmer's field near ...
- Lion has more food at Gir, number of herbivores in...
- Lions roar more
- Lioness, cubs captured in Junagadh
- Increase in ungulate population in Gir
- King Kills three cows
- Two lioness’ death due to poison
- 'Teen' lioness mom may have mated for security
- Gir lions flourish, thanks to adjoining areas
- Ye cub hua, kaise hua?
- ▼ April 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (415)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)