Five-year-old lion''s body found in Gir forest
A body of five-year-old lion was found from Talaja area of the district, Gujarat forest department officials said today.Officials suspect that the lion was killed as the claws were missing, they said adding that the animal might have been killed four to five days ago.Top officials of Gir forest area rushed to the spot where the body was found. Forensic experts from Directorate of Forensic Science Gandhinagar were also called. The body of lion has been sent for postmortem, they said."Once the reports of postmortem and forensic experts are received, we will be able to say what had actually happened to the lion," forest officials said.Poaching is rare in the Gir sanctuary, however, forest department has last week arrested a man for killing two lioness from Dhari range of the forest in Amreli district after poisoning their food.Gir is the last abode of Asiatic lions where as per the census of 2010, there were more than 410 lions.
- ► 2018 (90)
- ► 2017 (156)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- Girnar ropeway gets Central nod
- Gujarat to rehabilitate jobless doliwalahs
- NBWL grants approval to Girnar Ropeway in Gujarat:...
- Girnar ropeway to give way to vultures
- Four arrested in connection with lion''s death nea...
- Was the lion electrocuted?
- Seven detained for lion killing
- Five-year-old lion's body found in Gir forest
- Lion carcass found in Talaja
- Five-year-old lion''s body found in Gir forest
- A Lion cub was found dead in Babariya Range
- Lioness, cubs are guests at a farmer's field near ...
- Lion has more food at Gir, number of herbivores in...
- Lions roar more
- Lioness, cubs captured in Junagadh
- Increase in ungulate population in Gir
- King Kills three cows
- Two lioness’ death due to poison
- 'Teen' lioness mom may have mated for security
- Gir lions flourish, thanks to adjoining areas
- Ye cub hua, kaise hua?
- ▼ April 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (415)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)