Gujarat sets up special task force to check illegal mining
The Gujarat government has informed the High court that it has formed a special task force (STF) and grievance redressal committees at state and district levels to check illegal mining.
Information regarding this was placed in form of an affidavit before the division bench of Chief Justice S J Mukhopadhaya and Justice Akil Kureshi, while hearing a public interest litigation (PIL) against illegal mining in Gir forest region. The PIL was filed by RTI activist Amit Jethva a few days before he was shot dead.
The court in its order of December 21 had directed the Principal Secretary, Mines and Minerals Department, to remain present and had also ordered government to file an action taken report (ATR) with regard to the implementation of Gujarat Mineral (Prevention of Illegal Mining, Transportation and Storage) Rules, 2005.
Following the order, Principal Secretary Maheshwar Sahu remained present before the court and the government also filed an affidavit along with ATR.
According to the affidavit, government has formed a special task force and grievance redressal committee at state and district levels through a notification dated January 17.
The government further said it will hold police personnel, revenue staff and officers of Geology and Mining department of the concerned area accountable and liable for negligence, if there was detection of illegal mining activities in their area. .
- ► 2018 (90)
- ► 2017 (156)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- Jairam urges Gujarat Govt to provide lions for Kun...
- Ramesh again favours M.P. as ‘second home' for Asi...
- Jairam wants a few Gir lions for MP
- Jairam roar in Modi's den
- Asiatic lion in Gir under threat from disease, say...
- Fearing inbreeding, Jairam wants Asiatic lion relo...
- More funds to ensure better tourism facilities
- Tourism corp properties up for sale?
- Girnar ropeway project under scanner
- MP, Guj govts must fight it out: Jairam
- Mangrol adopts whale shark as mascot
- Illegal mining: After HC rap, govt orders to form ...
- Gujarat sets up special task force to check illega...
- Farmers build six feet high MACHANS for protection...
- Lion jumps over Seven feet wall to kill
- Ramesh cancels visit to Girnar ropeway site
- Jairam Ramesh to visit Girnar ropeway project site...
- Lions Invade Villages and Attack Livestock in Indi...
- AMC to host environment film festival from Jan 17
- India: Gujarat's wildlife, culture and cuisine
- MP-Gujarat battle over Asiatic lion's share hots u...
- Gir popularity soars, 33% rise in inflow of foreig...
- Lion dies in MP zoo
- ▼ January 2011 (23)
- ► 2010 (415)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)