Farmers build six feet high MACHANS for protection from lions
Briefly Translated from Gujarati
About 24 lions live in Gadhia village in Dhari Taluka of gir East. These animals are in the area since many decades as village is very near to Gir sanctuary. But recently 'Lion Show' craze has increased too much in the area ( of course with help of some local touts ) Too many Groups of people visit the area to see lion on kill or mother – cub prides or the KING male -duos. On holidays and Sunday lines of luxury cars pile up for such lion shows. So much of human intervention in privacy of lions have made them irritating in behaviour
Normally lions would not attack unless disturbed. But because of such frequent disturbance from people they have started retaliating. This has cause life of local farmers miserable.
These farmers have to guard their crop from blue-bulls and porcupines for whole night. Few years back they had no fear visiting lions. But now due to changed behaviour of lions are very much afraid of lion attack. Hence they have to built 6 feet high machans for protection of their life.
It is high time forest department must do something to stop such lions show else this will increase human – animals conflict in all the periherial villages.
- ► 2017 (132)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- Jairam urges Gujarat Govt to provide lions for Kun...
- Ramesh again favours M.P. as ‘second home' for Asi...
- Jairam wants a few Gir lions for MP
- Jairam roar in Modi's den
- Asiatic lion in Gir under threat from disease, say...
- Fearing inbreeding, Jairam wants Asiatic lion relo...
- More funds to ensure better tourism facilities
- Tourism corp properties up for sale?
- Girnar ropeway project under scanner
- MP, Guj govts must fight it out: Jairam
- Mangrol adopts whale shark as mascot
- Illegal mining: After HC rap, govt orders to form ...
- Gujarat sets up special task force to check illega...
- Farmers build six feet high MACHANS for protection...
- Lion jumps over Seven feet wall to kill
- Ramesh cancels visit to Girnar ropeway site
- Jairam Ramesh to visit Girnar ropeway project site...
- Lions Invade Villages and Attack Livestock in Indi...
- AMC to host environment film festival from Jan 17
- India: Gujarat's wildlife, culture and cuisine
- MP-Gujarat battle over Asiatic lion's share hots u...
- Gir popularity soars, 33% rise in inflow of foreig...
- Lion dies in MP zoo
- ▼ January 2011 (23)
- ► 2010 (415)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)