Leopard rescued from well in Junagadh village
A young leopard, which had fallen into a well in Alidhara village of Junagadh district, has been rescued, forest officials said on Thursday.
Anshuman Sharma, Assistant Conservator of Forests, said the animal was rescued by Gujarat Forest staff within half an hour of the incident, which occurred on Wednesday in a farm owned by Raghubhai Zala.
Hearing the cries of the leopard, people gathered near the well and forest officials in Jamwala range were immediately contacted.
Subsequently, the animal was rescued using ropes.
The wild cat was later sent to Sasan for a medical check up from where it was released into the forests, Sharma said.
- ► 2017 (156)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- 29 lion died last year
- Almost ponds are empty in girs jungle
- Veteran foresters blame trust deficit for discord
- Gir lions country’s property, says SC
- Leopard scare for traumatized pilgrims
- Leopard kills kid
- Leopard attack on shivratri fair two injured
- Rajula lion case checking start
- A Leopard Snatch away a small child from his mothe...
- Leopard kills girl in Junagadh
- Child hunted by leopard near Sutrapada
- Leopard rescued from well in Junagadh village
- National biodiversity project launched
- Leopard killed in road mishap near Una
- Jethava murder: Probe report submitted in HC
- Senior Jethava submits ‘proof’ of Junagadh MP’s ro...
- Tv9 Gujarat – Lion dies because of Overdose of Dru...
- Ill lion died on treatment who got near Girnar
- Lions hunting two cow and one akin to horse in Ham...
- Cheetahs head back to India
- ▼ February 2012 (20)
- ► 2011 (296)
- ► 2010 (415)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)