29 lion died last year
Times of India
One lion died of electrocution in Junagadh district in the last one year, while 29, including 13 cubs, died from natural reasons. In a written reply to the question of Talala Congress MLA Bhavan Barad, the government has said that in the year 2011, 16 adults lions and 13 cubs have died. Officials in the department said that there are about 290 odd lions in Sasan Gir sanctuary and its periphery.
A death of about 15 per cent of the animal in a year was not considered to be on the higher side. tnn As per estimates of the lion census conducted in April 2010, there were 97 lions, 162 lionesses and 152 cubs in and around Gir forest region of the state. The 2005 census had recorded presence of 359 lions here.
- ► 2017 (132)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- 29 lion died last year
- Almost ponds are empty in girs jungle
- Veteran foresters blame trust deficit for discord
- Gir lions country’s property, says SC
- Leopard scare for traumatized pilgrims
- Leopard kills kid
- Leopard attack on shivratri fair two injured
- Rajula lion case checking start
- A Leopard Snatch away a small child from his mothe...
- Leopard kills girl in Junagadh
- Child hunted by leopard near Sutrapada
- Leopard rescued from well in Junagadh village
- National biodiversity project launched
- Leopard killed in road mishap near Una
- Jethava murder: Probe report submitted in HC
- Senior Jethava submits ‘proof’ of Junagadh MP’s ro...
- Tv9 Gujarat – Lion dies because of Overdose of Dru...
- Ill lion died on treatment who got near Girnar
- Lions hunting two cow and one akin to horse in Ham...
- Cheetahs head back to India
- ▼ February 2012 (20)
- ► 2011 (296)
- ► 2010 (415)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)