Lion kills Lion for refusal of matting
Briefly translated from Gujarati
A body of lioness, about 5 years old, was found on Dhava-Talala Road in Gir(W). forest staff immediately rushed to the spot. Lioness was bitten by male lion on the neck. It was also learnt from local people that two male & a lioness were in the area since about 4-5 days. Forest staff did postmortem on the spot and have declared death due to internal fight.
- ► 2017 (156)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- ► 2010 (415)
- Madhya Pradesh State to fight legal battle for Gir...
- Asiatic Lion Habitat in Perils...
- Leopard kills 9-year-old girl
- Leopard kills 9 year old girl
- Man-animal conflict is a 'sensitive' reality of Gi...
- 1,500 trees face the chop in Gir forest
- Lion kills its mate in Talala forest area
- Girnar ropeway gets entangled in political web
- Lion kills Lion for refusal of matting
- Gir lions can breathe easy for now
- Gujarat retains its ‘pride’, foils MP move to acqu...
- 'Relocate Maldharis outside the park'
- 'No taking Gujarat's pride out of Gir'
- State govt to oppose proposal to shift lions from ...
- African Cheetah likely to be translocated
- Punishment to Poachers upheld
- Pride of 14 lions spotted in Bhavnagar
- Shifting of lions to MP to be discussed on Sept 16...
- Pride of lions chased by train!
- Three leopard caged in rural Gir
- Lion attacks a shephard
- ▼ September 2009 (21)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)