Lion attacks one more outside Gir
Times of India
AHMEDABAD: In yet another incident, a lion attacked a 13-year-old boy who was sleeping in the fields in Morvel village of Dhari taluka.
The incident took place outside Gir sanctuary on Tuesday morning when Haresh Bhalabhai was sleeping in the field. However, he managed to escape with minor injuries.
According to the family, they were sleeping in the fields when Haresh started screaming. Hearing his cry, the family woke up and hearing the cries of the family, the lion escaped. Morvel is just outside the protected sanctuary towards Dhari.
Conservator of Forest Bharat Pathak said this is a minor incident as the boy was treated at the out patient department. He added that officials have gone to the area to ascertain whether it was an attack by the lion or something else. "We will look for the pug marks of the animal from the spot to ascertain whether the family is telling truth," Pathak said.
This is the third such incident. The first was on Friday where a youth Mukesh Parmar was killed after he went too close taking photographs of the mating lions.
In another incident, a buffalo saved a shepherd from the jaws of a lioness in Dhari-Tulsishyam range of Gir forest. The youth, identified as Chheda Devayat (25), was injured while trying to save his cattle from lions' attack. Devayat had gone along with his three shepherd friends Mehul Bhammar, Lakhman Bhammar and Bhola Chheda in the jungle.
- ► 2017 (156)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- ► 2010 (415)
- 11-member task force to curb lion poaching
- Cattle Killing by Lions
- Lion attacks a farmer
- Leopard trapped in Dhari
- Fire in Dalkhaniya range, no damages reported
- Lions attack for 4th time at Gir
- Major overhaul in forest dept
- Siddis dance to Obama tune
- Foresters puzzled over lion killing man
- Lion attacks one more outside Gir
- Villagers walk into Babra Virdi unchecked
- Most forest circles cannot handle emergencies
- Buffalo saves youth from lioness
- After lions kill man, forest dept files case again...
- Lions kill man at jungle show
- SC clears Amreli lion park
- Lioness carcass spotted at Dhari
- Forest guard bit two boys
- Village head bitten by Forest staff
- One more Lion death due to Open Well
- ▼ January 2009 (20)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)