A big roar for Gir's eco warriors
At The Sanctuary Wildlife Awards 2015 held yesterday, several environmentalists from different walks of life were acknowledged for their work.
Held at the Press Club of Mumbai last evening, this diarist was glad to spot Rasila Vadher. The young ranger's bravery was applause-worthy during an earlier interview. The forest guard came into popular view when a TV series documented the rescue work of the female forest guards inside Gir's treacherous forests. Vadher and other guards have been a part of over 900 rescue operations, which involved her come face to face with pythons and lions. Roar!
Thursday, December 24, 2015
A big roar for Gir’s eco warriors
- ► 2017 (109)
- ► 2016 (128)
- PIL against lion safari in Ambardi
- 7-yr-old boy, woman killed by lions in 'rarest of ...
- New lion rule fed by Cecil debacle
- Yes, there are lions in India. Here’s why the U.S....
- US places Indian lion in endangered species list
- MP turns down offer to take in aged Asiatic lions ...
- Lion electrocuted at farm, farmer arrested
- Photographer Bhushan Pandya to be honoured at Sanc...
- A big roar for Gir’s eco warriors
- Gujarat wants 25 years to move its lions to Madhya...
- Fwd: Taj Group's resort in Gir gets SC relief
- Taj Group's resort in Gir gets SC relief
- Land of the lions in heart of London
- Lion cub rescued from well in Talala
- ગુજરાત માટે આનંદની વાત : હવે MP નહિ મોકલાય આપણાં સ...
- Girnar mahant attacked by devotees
- Barda gets ESZ cover, no lions yet
- ▼ December 2015 (17)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- ► 2010 (415)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)