Wednesday, September 08, 2010
Jethava killing: MP Solanki’s nephew held
Jethava killing: MP Solanki's nephew held
A month after the alleged contract killing of RTI activist Amit Jethava, the Ahmedabad police on Tuesday arrested BJP MP Dinu Solanki's nephew, Shiva Solanki alias Pratap, from Rajkot. Jethava's parents had earlier alleged the Junagadh MP's involvement in the murder.
"We have found that Shiva had given a contract to Junagadh constable Bahadur Vadher to eliminate Jethava. Bahadur, on behalf of Solanki, had set up Jethava's killing with the help of Pachan Shiva and sharpshooter Shailesh Pandya," said DCP Crime Himanshu Shukla.
Shiva Solanki, 40, was arrested from the Rajkot airport, on his return from Mumbai. His name reportedly cropped up during the interrogation of the constable, Bahadur, who was the first to be arrested in the case.
Shiva and Bahadur are reportedly childhood friends. Bahadur is also reported to own mining land in Gir Sanctuary, which got entangled in a court matter after Jethava filed some RTIs.
"Jethava had become a source of trouble for Shiva in his business of mobile towers and mining. Shiva had a mining business too. However, we are to yet find out whether the mining land was in his name or someone else's," said Shukla. Besides mobile towers, Shiva, a vice president of Kodinar nagar palika, also has a cement and transport business.
According to officials, Jethava was killed by Pandya and an unidentified sharpshooter on July 20, outside the Gujarat High Court in Ahmedabad. The contract killing was reportedly fixed for Rs 11 lakh.
While the police have arrested Pachan Shiva, a bootlegger and police informer, and Sanjay Chauhan from Junagadh on charges of conspiring in the murder, both Pandya and the other sharpshooter are still at large. Meanwhile, Jethava's father, Bhikha Jethava, has said that Shiva had been made a scapegoat in a bid to shield Solanki.
- ► 2017 (107)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- BJP MP quizzed for RTI activist's murder
- Gujarat Tourism changes its logo, Gir lion replace...
- Two cubs rescued from well
- Big B a big boost for Gujarat tourism
- Who will protect the whistleblower?
- Bachchan's midas touch helps Gujarat Tourism
- Gir lion finds new home in Zurich
- 'Trophy lion' hunts unsustainable
- Where is Dinu Solanki?
- Woman saves son from leopard
- Indians Seek Transparency Amid Fear
- Flamboyant Pratap Hamir Solanki was ‘mining czar’ ...
- ‘Mining halted, but may begin anytime’
- Jethava killing: MP Solanki’s nephew held
- Illegal mining: Govt admits loss of Rs 658 cr
- Gujarat MP's nephew held for Jethwa's murder
- BJP MP's nephew arrested for role in Amit Jethwa m...
- BJP MP-Mining mafia link exposed?
- Sad story continues, vultures dwindle to 1,000 in ...
- Double date: Gir lion mates with 2 females
- RTI: Mining official fined for sharing scanty info...
- ▼ September 2010 (21)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)