Gir lioness electrocuted in village
A young lioness died of electrocution at Sapar village in Visavadar taluka, located on Gir Wildlife Sanctuary periphery, of Junagadh district on Monday. A case of negligence will be registered against owner of farm where the incident occurred, said forest officials.
"A three-year-old lioness was found dead at Sapar village. The postmortem report showed she died of electric shock," said Gir (West Division) deputy forest officer R D Katara. The postmortem was done at the spot where the incident occurred.
The preliminary investigation revealed the lioness had stepped on a live wire inside the farm of one Dhanji Vekaria when she strayed out of the forest area in search of food. Forest officials said before she died, the lioness had preyed on a buffalo from the same village. "The wire was touching the ground," said Katara.
- ► 2018 (90)
- ► 2017 (156)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- Jethava’s father writes to President
- Geer set to become lion’s new home
- Jethava murder: Cops visit Kodinar municipality of...
- BJP MP’s kin held for Jethava murder
- Lion attacks Woman at Padargadh
- S’rashtra cop charged with Jethava murder Two Kill...
- Bahadur Wadher a close aide of BJP MP Dinu Solanki...
- Jethava killing: Probe points to MP’s family
- Middleman drove minister's car before Jethava's mu...
- 2 cops held for role in Jethava’s murder
- Dead Lioness found
- Cabinet approves bill to protect whistleblowers
- Safeguard Whistle-blowers
- Gir lioness electrocuted in village
- Lioness dies of electric shock
- ROARING NUMBERS
- ▼ August 2010 (16)
- ► 2009 (316)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)