Lions attack two in Amreli villages
Times of India
Amreli : After a month and a half's gap, a pride of four Asiatic lions attacked and seriously injured two persons at separate places in Gir on Tuesday evening. Laxman Parmar, 45, a resident of Mahadevpura of Chalala in Amreli district, was watering fields of Bhikha Patel on the outskirts of Nana Samadhiyara when he spotted the lion at 5 pm. Parmar hid behind a 'baval' tree to save himself, but one of the lions chased him out and pounced on him. The big cat bit him in the back.
The same pride went on to Kami Kerala village, which is a few kms away. About 7 pm, the lions attacked 28-year-old Kanu Charoliya near a crematorium.
- ► 2017 (156)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- ► 2010 (415)
- 10 forest dept officers promoted
- Fresh fire in Gir, no casualty
- Fire in Babariya Range
- Poacher’s conviction : Hard work spelt success for...
- 10 ‘lion show’ hunters held in Gir
- 16 poachers get 5-yr jail for killing Gir lions
- From timber to tiger skin trade, Gajakosh did it a...
- Leopard dies in vehicle accident
- Five years imprisonment for 17 people in lion poac...
- Lions attack two in Amreli villages
- Carcass of cub found ; injured lioness caged
- Gir forest fire: was it sabotage?
- Lion bites a motor – cyclist
- Fire sweeps Gir forest
- 300 hectares of Gir razed in fire
- Forest fire in Mityala in Gir East
- 400 hectares gutted in forest fire, no casualty: F...
- King of the jungle facing threat
- Over 1,000 leopards in Gujarat
- Cattle Killing by Lions
- Eco club in schools near sanctuary
- Two young girls die by falling in Well
- ▼ February 2009 (22)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)