Thursday, July 07, 2011

Next round of Amitabh Bachchan’s Gujarat Tourism ads finalized

07-07-2011
Next round of Amitabh Bachchan's Gujarat Tourism ads finalized
Desh Gujarat
http://deshgujarat.com/2011/07/07/next-round-of-amitabh-bachchans-gujarat-tourism-ads-finalized/

After the success of first bunch of Gujarat Tourism advertisements anchored by Amitabh Bachchan, the next round of another few advertisements will kick off in couple of months. This would cover places like Saputara, Ambaji and parts of Ahmedabad city.

In Amitabh Bachchan's press conference in Ahmedabad to promote his film 'Buddha hoga tera baap'. Gujarat Tourism's Secretary Shri Vipul Mitra took a mike for a while on Bachchan's request and announced this.

Mitra said, "Actually the second phase has already been finalized. We are covering Saputara in south Gujarat which is Gujarat's only prominent hill station. We are also covering Ambaji which is a very prominent temple. That has been finalized at the level of honorable CM. And we are also covering Modhera sun temple. We will do couple of light and sound programmes with his voice over and part of Ahmedabad city. This is what we have planned. Depending on his schedule we will probably do it in two months time. Agency has been finalized Mr. Piyush Pande will handle it from O&M."

When asked about his experience of doing Gujarat Tourism campaign, Amitabh Bachchan replied: "I felt very nice, when I was approached about this, one thing that attracted me was that Gujarat is a part of this nation and very important part of the country and I am fortunate enough to have an opportunity to promote it. But one thing I found after research that Gujarat has highest number of archaeological sites in India. I was not aware about this earlier. And I thought that there are many places that are connected with our tradition, and people are now aware about it, and if I can promote them, I would do."

When asked about which place he liked the most in Gujarat while doing the campaign, Bachchan replied: "I found every place new, and whenever I visited there was something that we are not awared about, be it the Rann of Kutch, or Gir forest or many palaces and forts where deposits. And I write blog and when I was here(in Gujarat) I wrote the blog posts, and it was a matter of surprise that many who were from Gujarat were not aware about it and especially those NRIs from Gujarat settled abroad told me that they were not aware about such places and they would visit them."

When DeshGujarat asked Amitabh Bachchan how he stayed rock-solid amid the hyped controversy that had been created around his Gujarat association, Bachchan replied: "Gujarat is nobody's Jaagir. It's a part of the country and there was nothing bad in promoting it. I took the controversy on this issue like 'nazar ka kala tika' on good work."

No comments:

Previous Posts