Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Lioness dies of electric shock

Lioness dies of electric shock
IBN Live

A seven-year-old lioness died due to electric shock when it ventured out of the Gir forest area and tried to enter a village farm, forest officials said today. The wild animal stepped on a live barbed wire fence of a farm in Sanosir village of the district last night, they said. "The local farmers, to protect their crops from animals like wild pigs and blue bulls, often connect their barbed wire fences around their farms to electric current. Sometimes lions stray out of the jungles and get caught in them," the officials explained. A post-mortem revealed that the lioness had been electrocuted. Forest Department is planning to take action against the farm owner concerned, they added. PTI COR PD RSY

No comments:

Previous Posts