Five Leopard hostages farmer family
Briefly translated from Gujarati
It appears Gir and Girnar forests are over-crowded with wild animals including lions & Leopards.
A very rare incidence happened at Shapur village at about 10 kms from Junagadh, adjoining Girnar forest. A family of five member of farmer Yusufbhai Alarkha Dhumaliya lived in a hut type house built in middle of their farm. A buffaloe was tied just outside their hut yesterday night at about 8 : 30 PM they heard the leopards growling. When he highted his torch he found five leopards surrounding his hut. They were in prowl to hunt. Scare farmer starting burning fire-wood and then his blanket etc. to keep the animal away. He phoned his neighbor Jentibhai who then came with mob of 50-100 villagers in tractors & rickshaws. Finally Mob scared away the cats. Two hours drama ended.
- ► 2017 (156)
- ► 2016 (128)
- ► 2015 (165)
- ► 2014 (139)
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (493)
- ► 2011 (296)
- ► 2010 (415)
- Leopard attacks farmer
- Five Leopard hostages farmer family
- Male adult kills cub
- Pride of 20 lions kills five cattle
- Gujarat opposes Centre’s plan to relocate lions to...
- Shifting of Gir lions hangs in balance
- All’s fair in love and roar
- Forest fir in Gir East
- Two killed by ‘King’
- Kings for the Queen
- Leopard attack a woman
- As food chain breaks, lions move out of Gir
- Peacock poacher held
- Recession hits poll campaign in Gujarat
- are the poachers back in gir forest?
- Lion kills two-year-old cub in Savarkundla village...
- Your morning adorable: Asiatic lion cubs explore a...
- Rise in Gujarat's wild ass population
- Hindi speaking non-Gujarati people reported near D...
- Leopard attacks a farmer
- 'Supersize' lions roamed Britain
- ▼ April 2009 (21)
- ► 2008 (342)
- ► 2007 (254)